Hi This is John,s Blog

HI, Welcome to my ART blog.I hope you like it.Your comments are always welcome.

A paddle

A paddle

Saturday 26 February 2011

Twocan,two parrots

I have recently been playing around with different mediums. I thought if David Hockney www.davidhockney.com can do it so can I. Here are a couple of watercolours, a pastel and a couple of computer manipulated images.
It,s interesting what you can do with images in both Artrage and photoshop in fact when I recently took some of my art to a gallery in Boston, that is Boston England ie where it all started for our North American friends. They were very interested in the computer art so I have included two images that they wanted. Purists are now turning in their graves.... sorry studios. David Hockney has recently been exploring the use of the iPad and with a programme such as ARTRAGE you can obtain some interesting results.


 Toucan Watercolour
 Toucan pastel
 Parrot watercolour
 Same image manipulated in Photoshop the gallery wanted this and the one below.

Produced with Artrage on an iPad.

5 comments:

kazumiwannabe said...

Nice work, and interesting post!

nanke's stuff said...

Well, I don't know how to do the computer things with art, but I sure do like what you've done with these! nancy

Cathy Holtom said...

Interesting to see and your watercolours are really good!

Alex said...

Nice! I am really curious about how Artrage on iPad works. I've not done any digital painting for a long time now, hopefully someday I could get back to it.

Unknown said...

Nice! I do like to play with the digital art sometimes!