Hi This is John,s Blog

HI, Welcome to my ART blog.I hope you like it.Your comments are always welcome.

A paddle

A paddle

Friday 4 February 2011

Postcards from Egypt

I ,ve just returned from Egypt. Everything was fine until a week before we returned, a little local difficulty.... a Revolution.To be honest we didn't come across any problems down on the Red sea, but it was concerning none the less. I think a lot of Brits and Americans in particular experienced problems in getting out of Cairo quickly.
Egyptian people in general are lovely friendly people who deserve a much better standard of living and political freedom. Democracy does not exist in Egypt and people are fed up with a Dictator and regime who deny their people basis human rights. I hope and pray that this does not deteriorate into either a bloodbath or a fundamentalist islamic state making the world even more unsafe than it is already. God Bless the people of Egypt.

Here are a few Watercolour sketches from my recent visit.

 Sharks bay Sharm el Sheikh
 Bougainvillaea just outside of our room.
 It took me ages to get a photo of this Camel . Every time I got out my camera the camels owner demanded money.I waited until he went into a shop and Snap !. smelly things camels.
 My feet
 More Bougainvillaea...........
 Apart from pigeons and Egrets the only other birds you seem to see are sparrows.

 Now I had problems getting the Water chute right I think I have just about go away with it.
I havent a clue what this flower is , maybe you know, an I think this is an Egret.

To find out how yours and other governments treats its citizens try http://www.amnesty.org.uk/

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Glad you are back safely - lovely travel pages, especially the camel!

Elza said...

Excellent robust work, with vibrant colours. What an historic time to be in Egypt.

Florence's Art said...

These are very nice paintings. I'm glad you got out safely.

Unknown said...

Excellent pages! I especially like the camel too. And I'm so glad you made it out safely!

Barbara B said...

These are great. What a nice treat for us to see this view of Egypt. Glad you are safe!