Hi This is John,s Blog

HI, Welcome to my ART blog.I hope you like it.Your comments are always welcome.

A paddle

A paddle

Monday 15 February 2010



Here are a couple of newer paintings in Acrylic they are both copies of paintings by Julie Askew . When I started painting I was really lucky Julie was the resident artist on board a cruise. I had already decided that I would try my hand at painting so along I trotted with my pencil and paper to the art class together with my friend Tony. Julie had a few of her paintings on display and I thought wow what a terrific artist not only that she was a terrific teacher also. She was a great encourager and showed over a period of 6 weeks or so that we can all draw and paint ... to one degree or another. She gave me a great start with the basics of drawing.You can see her work at www.natureartists.com/julie_askew.asp

5 comments:

nanke's stuff said...

Hi there - I took a spin thru some of your blog and I think you have very strong artistic abilities. The sketches and watercolors of people are very nice - you captured motion, mood and character with minimal lines and details. Your color work is also very good. Well done! nancy

Unknown said...

Welcome to EDM! You are very gifted; I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Dragana Savkov - Bajić said...

Nice sketches and paintings! Welcome to EDM group!

Shalini said...

Lovely paintings John! Nice to meet you through EDM!

Revelle Taillon said...

Love the acrylics! I have a hard time with watercolors! They dry too fast for me to fix my mistakes! Welcome!